Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 51
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 51

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
TedEBaer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:53 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm a 16 year mexican that has been driving illegally. I don't think it would be likely for me to get caught seeing how im mexican and beards and mustaches at the age of 7. So I wanted to know if I were to get caught how likely would it be and how much trouble will I get in. I have a full beard and stash so I assume I don't look young but I just wanted to check anyway.
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for delay, i was out of town, and welcome aboard Smile

Umm, not sure where are you driving then? In Mexico or USA? Might make a difference in the minimal driving age. I would bet 16 is enough to legally drive in most USA states, if not all of them, so why don't you just go and get driver's license in the nearest DMV and drive legally?
FRE

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You didn't provide enough information to determine your situation.

If you are in the U.S. illegally, it may still be possible to get a license. Some states will license undocumented aliens, and others will not. Find out whether you can get a license in your state. If you do not have a license, then you cannot get insurance and, if you caused an accident, you would be unable to meet your moral obligations to pay for the damage or injures you caused, in which case you should not be driving at all.

I had a discussion with a state senator here in New Mexico about permitting undocumented aliens to get a driver's license. Most people are strongly against it, but not all. The senator's position is that if undocumented aliens can get a license, then they can get insurance to meet their moral financial obligations, and will be less likely to run if they have an accident. So, on that basis, I favor permitting undocumented aliens to get a license. Whether undocumented aliens should be in the U.S. is another matter and it would not be appropriate to discuss it here.

If you live in Mexico, you should definitely get a license and insurance, for reasons I have covered above. However, if you are under age for driving in Mexico, then you should not be driving. If you caused an accident, you could ruin the lives of others because of being unable to pay the cost of the damage and injuries; that is not acceptable.

If you insist on driving without a license and insurance, at least carefully study the driving manual where you live so that you will be less likely to have an accident. Also, buy books on safe driving and carefully study them. Always drive as safely as possible to avoid the likelihood of having an accident. It is important to avoid accidents, even if someone else does something wrong.
arun
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I strongly recommend that you wait for another two years to get a license in the state which you belong. If you are caught without driving license and if you are illegal in another country then you are in deep deep trouble mate.

View next topic
View previous topic