Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 51
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 51

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
chrisjosef

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone, most of us have the habit of forgetting something particular all the time. I always end up forgetting my car at the parking lot. I am somewhat not comfortable in saying this, but yes, there have been many instances like this with me and I can’t help myself out. I do remember to carry my iPhone with me but am helpless on the issue of my car. There might be someone like me who can answer my problems as to what do they do or would hope some good suggestions from you people so that I can be comfortable when finding my car in the lot.

Thanks in advance!
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:11 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hello Chrisjosef!

And welcome to Fun and Safe driving! Smile

Regarding your question - I don't really understand what exactly the problem is. As I read it, you drive somewhere, and then walk back home, forgetting that your car sits on the parking lot over there.

That looks kinda unusual, so could it be you really talking about forgetting the exact spot on the parking lot where your car is parked? And not being able to find it when you want to drive home?

Regards, Misha
rosedavid

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:16 pm Reply with quote Back to top

This is just a common problem, I don’t think that you need to feel awkward or anything like that. Like, I have a small problem of losing my watches…I just don’t understand where I loose them! But, anyways, as a solution to your problem, I would suggest the use of LINK SNIPPED. NEXT TIME I BAN IP RANGE Very Happy which is an easy-to-use vehicle locator that uses the iPhone's navigational GPS system. It is a great application especially for you as your problem will be totally solved and you would like its other features too.
arun
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:02 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Its a common problem amoung people. So dont think you are the only one stranded in this issue, Your car may easily get lost in the car lot . The easy way is to remember the parking lot number in which you have parked your car.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

Usually there are numbers in parking lots to remember one's slot. But sometimes, when there aren't any, i just try to make a mental note of the direction I walked in and how many rows the cars were parked in leading to mine! Or even remembering a sign board near by can serve as a marker. After that, just try to enjoy your shopping and hope for the best! Smile
poonamt93

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

Seriously. I think using the phone's camera to capture one or more views of the car and background as a guide to its location could be the solution.
Hope I helped....... Smile
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:42 am Reply with quote Back to top

poonamt93 wrote:
Seriously. I think using the phone's camera to capture one or more views of the car and background as a guide to its location could be the solution.
Hope I helped....... Smile

...except if the cars in the background, moved! Confused
SafeTraveler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

If you have a car with a keyless entry system that either flashes the lights or honks the horn, you can walk around the parking lot hitting your remote occasionally to listen or look for a car that is flashing or honking. If that doesn't work, you can hit the panic button to make the alarm system go off, which should be audible for quite some distance away.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:40 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yes, how could we forget the alarm system! Most cars have this and just beeping and flashing the lights as you approach the parking lot (without having to actually set off the alarm - unless as a last resort!) one can easily locate the car.
binakaradia

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:25 am Reply with quote Back to top

chrisjosef wrote:
Hi everyone, most of us have the habit of forgetting something particular all the time. I always end up forgetting my car at the parking lot. I am somewhat not comfortable in saying this, but yes, there have been many instances like this with me and I can’t help myself out. I do remember to carry my iPhone with me but am helpless on the issue of my car. There might be someone like me who can answer my problems as to what do they do or would hope some good suggestions from you people so that I can be comfortable when finding my car in the lot.

Thanks in advance!

It's common for most of the people.It would be good for you to set time frame and alarm before you are decided to park your car.After you park the car,activate time frame and alarm as you wish.This will remember you for sure.
*link snipped*

View next topic
View previous topic