Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 47
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 47

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:43 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I was driving at 25mph in a 25mph zone. I was signalling a right turn. A full size pick-up was head on with me signalling a left hand turn. They slowed and I assumed they were going to stop. I was starting my turn when they turned in front of me! I know that the bigger vehicle always has the "right of way". I braked hard and avoided them. It appeared to me that the 4 door pick-up was filled with mid twenties "hippster douchnozzles". Who tend to beleive they are superior to the rest of us. After almost hitting me they continued on a 35mph road a about 70mph! They are so smart that they purchase a full size Pick-up/Suv for $40,000 to $50,000, pay $1,000 to $2,000 to jack it up. Pay $2,000 for the giant wheels. Pay another $2,000 for the giant tires. Pay for 12mpg fuel mileage. Then use this vehicle that is appropriate for a farm or ranch to drive to work at the office or to the grocery store. They think they are geniuses! It has become some sort of bizzare status symbol. They could buy a small sedan which would serve their purposes for about $16,000. Sorry. It would have no status, only intellegence.
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

The bigger vehicle is one thing, but over the years here I got an impression that Americans are not very comfortable with applying the "right hand priority rule", regardless of the vehicle size. For example, at least here in DC area, despite of the laws clearly stating that on the all way stop drivers must yield to the one at right - the practice is first in, first out. And yes, there were numerous cases when somebody making left turn did not yield to me doing right turn. You are certainly not alone Smile
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Misha wrote:
The bigger vehicle is one thing, but over the years here I got an impression that Americans are not very comfortable with applying the "right hand priority rule", regardless of the vehicle size. For example, at least here in DC area, despite of the laws clearly stating that on the all way stop drivers must yield to the one at right - the practice is first in, first out. And yes, there were numerous cases when somebody making left turn did not yield to me doing right turn. You are certainly not alone Smile

First in first out works for me as long as it is clearly first in, not a "photo finish". Two additional examples of the arrogant "Me first" drivers are (1) the " almost stop". We are approaching the 4 way stop on their right and of course are going to stop. They brake, dipping the front of their vehicle then proceed through the intersection violating our right of way. They consider us idiots for not doing the same thing. (2) "The trailer". The vehicle with right of way proceeds through the intersection with the vehicle behind them following as if they are a trailer. ARRRRRRRRRH!
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hear, hear Smile Sometimes I wish shooting stupid people is legal LOL

View next topic
View previous topic