Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 66
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 66

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
londondrivingschool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:55 am Reply with quote Back to top

Guys share your bad driving experiences.. its not something to be ashamed of - everybody has gone through these accidents.

*link snipped*
Astraist
Master Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

thankfully I haven't been to a collision myself, but I have inspected many collisions, from the most daily situations (drivers confusing the pedals or gears), to hard collisions (head-on collisions, running over pedestrians, etc...), and very bizzare situations: Cars going against traffic, falling from bridges over other cars, smashing into traffic lights that fall on standing traffic, etc...

I paricularly remember a collision where a poor 18 year old biker (on a big scooter from a model I cannot remember) was hit by a Mazda 3 that failed to yield to a red light (by trying to run the amber) even as the biker turned left through the oncoming traffic as he came up to the junction and the light changed to green. The poor biker got thrown over the entire hood and windshield, and suffered from grave chest and head injuries. After long resuscitation efforts, he was led to the near hospital, but sadly to no avail. Crying or Very sad A visual scan on the behalf of the rider would have saved his life easily!

Another situations was where an old Volvo had been involved at a head-on collision where the engine block was pushed back and the dashboard caved in and the driver suffered from three deep lacerations in the face (from free plastic parts from the dash) and a series of internal injuries. The efforts to rescue the driver with the famous "jaws of life" was intense, becuase the front suspension was deformed in such a way where the wheel penetrated the footwell of the car and the spring and damper press against the dash and kept it closed shut. The driver eventually died.

Another situation, much more amusing since it ended with no serious injury, was where an ambulance driving to a scene fell off of the bridge onto the road going below it from about twenty-five feet, directly in front of a car that hit it, thankfully slowly. While some early anticipation and readiness to brake would have prevented the hit, it was something unusual to hear a driver describe how a big ambulance suddenly fell in front of them from above. Laughing
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Astraist wrote:
thankfully I haven't been to a collision myself, but I have inspected many collisions, from the most daily situations (drivers confusing the pedals or gears), to hard collisions (head-on collisions, running over pedestrians, etc...), and very bizzare situations: Cars going against traffic, falling from bridges over other cars, smashing into traffic lights that fall on standing traffic, etc...

I paricularly remember a collision where a poor 18 year old biker (on a big scooter from a model I cannot remember) was hit by a Mazda 3 that failed to yield to a red light (by trying to run the amber) even as the biker turned left through the oncoming traffic as he came up to the junction and the light changed to green. The poor biker got thrown over the entire hood and windshield, and suffered from grave chest and head injuries. After long resuscitation efforts, he was led to the near hospital, but sadly to no avail. Crying or Very sad A visual scan on the behalf of the rider would have saved his life easily!

Another situations was where an old Volvo had been involved at a head-on collision where the engine block was pushed back and the dashboard caved in and the driver suffered from three deep lacerations in the face (from free plastic parts from the dash) and a series of internal injuries. The efforts to rescue the driver with the famous "jaws of life" was intense, becuase the front suspension was deformed in such a way where the wheel penetrated the footwell of the car and the spring and damper press against the dash and kept it closed shut. The driver eventually died.

Another situation, much more amusing since it ended with no serious injury, was where an ambulance driving to a scene fell off of the bridge onto the road going below it from about twenty-five feet, directly in front of a car that hit it, thankfully slowly. While some early anticipation and readiness to brake would have prevented the hit, it was something unusual to hear a driver describe how a big ambulance suddenly fell in front of them from above. Laughing

So Sorry for the biker. I have only had three motorcycles but learned very early of their "cloaking device". I have never had a problem seeing motorcycles with their headlights on. I have only had one major accident. A 4 year old ran from between parked cars and I hit him. He survived with a broken arm and "road rash". I have had 4 " fender benders" 2 that were technically my fault.

View next topic
View previous topic