Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 35
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 35

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
londondrivingschool

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote Back to top

I can't forget, i was travelling with my friends, The one who owned the car was drunk... we 5 were in the car, they dropped me home & then movved on their way homes... I was almost in my home when I heard a crash, they had ran in to a truck and None of the 4 survived, Sarah, Hira, Alex, Rose... i couldn't save any of them... I miss them all..

*link snipped*
Astraist
Master Driver

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am very sorry for the lost. Even though I have inspected many collisions, some with casualties, and even saw some in my own eyes, I still cannot imagine how terrible the lost can be.

Drinking and driving is a big cause of collisions, especially in countries with a well-developed culture of social drinking, like Britian, Sweden, Australia, etc...

Alcohol (ethanol, CH3CH2OH) is a carbon-based organic substance, which is absorbed eithe through the mouth and through the guts and into the blood stream, where the liver breaks it down into a toxin called acetaldehyde, which produces the known reactions that begin with clouded conciousness and judgement, through eye sight problems and ending with sickness, fainting, liver damage and death.

The concentration of alcohol in the blood depends on many variables, like the kind of drink, heat of the drink and body, blood circulation, fat in the body, etc...

The problem of drinking and driving is usually aggrevated by the fact that social drinking is mainly popular amongst younger drivers, at night time, so that both fatigue, darkness, lack of experience in driving, alcohol, as well as noise and distractions inside the car, from it's many occupants and possibly high-tune music - all work together and lead to a disaster! Fatigue and alcohol go together, alcohol having an anesthetic effect on the body.

The legally allowed concentration in most countries is 0.5 BAC. In some places, like the UK it's higher (0.Cool and in some countries it is as low as 0.2BAC or zero. For safety purposes, any amount of alcohol is dangerous, even though 0.01 to 0.015 are not all that dangerous, but never the less are far from safe.

Beware, after a night of seriously heavy drinking, you might not be sober by the next morning, maybe not even by noon!
mirb7000

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:46 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am so sorry, that is awful and more and more education about drinking and driving needs to be out there.
mgrant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear that too. Its awful how many people are still drinking and driving while they should know better.
anncharles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I am sad to hear this, and I think there is a lot of education out there about it but not apparently enough. It is happening still way too often.

View next topic
View previous topic