Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 58
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 58

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
HysenH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hey yall, I'm new to the forums and I have a question..

Today I was picking up my sister from school, as usual I'm really careful and respectful when I drive because I'm too scared if I do anything that my license will get suspended and I don't want to risk that.

on to the story:

As I was driving I came close to a red light, I was the first car there. The light turned green and on the opposite side of the road 2 cars wanted to make a left turn so I gave them the hand signal to go and so they did, the driver in back of me honked which I found really disrespectful so I stuck my middle finger up.

My question, if she takes my plates down and reports me, what's the worst that could happen?
HysenH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone? Please, I'm very worried.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fasd Hysen. Relax. You haven't committed a crime. I doubt if this person will bother reporting you for something like that. Yes, he might be mad at you, must have called you a name or two to himself, but hopefully, that's where it should end. Next time, just be more careful. No one's a big fan of that middle finger you know.... Smile

btw. Honking unnecessarily is rude yes. But showing someone the finger for it? Much worse...
HysenH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

myownworld wrote:
Welcome to Fasd Hysen. Relax. You haven't committed a crime. I doubt if this person will bother reporting you for something like that. Yes, he might be mad at you, must have called you a name or two to himself, but hopefully, that's where it should end. Next time, just be more careful. No one's a big fan of that middle finger you know.... Smile

btw. Honking unnecessarily is rude yes. But showing someone the finger for it? Much worse...

Takes so much weight off my shoulders!
I realize my middle finger being brought up was unnecessary and definitely inappropriate in a situation like this but like I've mentioned above, I've never really gotten into a problem like this, im 19 and I've been driving ever since I was 15, never once got in trouble with the law nor had a problem with another driver which is the most reason as to why this shook me so much!

Thanks for the greet and for the reply, much appreciated! Smile
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

It's tempting to get caught up in the circle of drivers who drive aggressively, beep horns and shout names at the slightest provocation - but trust me, they turn into a hazard themselves! Smile

Some of the best drivers are those who stay calm and in control on the road and this helps them focus better and avoid unnecessary confrontations with other drivers. You seem like a responsible young person - just keep it up!
BrandonMarx

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

No need to worry a lot for that act but that doesn't mean it was a good thing to do, as far as crime is concerned you've not done any *link snipped*. Stay safe & drive carefully.
aaliyah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

myownworld wrote:

Nice, I am new for this and i read solution in this thread, i really appreciate.
*link snipped*
freddie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I guess when we're angry we make things impulsively..
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:43 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fun And Safe Driving Freddie. Thank you for joining the forum.
freddie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you! Smile
anncharles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Similar stuff has happened to me but like the others have said, very few will bother doing that. And besides is there proof? Any cameras catching you do it? Cops are not going to take someone's word for it if there is no proof of it happening.
DaughterOfEve

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:28 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Nothing can or should come of this situation. Being respectful and careful while driving is a very positive thing. Personally I applaud you behavior (not the middle finger) there should be more drivers like you out there. Maybe then we wouldn't have so many accidents happening.
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:53 pm Reply with quote Back to top

myownworld wrote:

Every driver should be made aware of one of my favourite humorous bumper stickers. "Keep honking. I'm reloading".

View next topic
View previous topic