Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 51
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 51

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Pretty often I feel like it does this to me. Like when I am following some slow moving car for many miles, and I keep trying to find a window to pass it, and there is no chance I can do this, and – yes – here it is, finally, my long overdue window of opportunity, and I happily pass just to watch in the mirror how this car uses the first opportunity to turn off the road or just to pull over. Looks like all my effort was wasted…
arun
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

While i was in a highway i encountered a high speed race with another driver who intimidated me t drive fast . I had a low speed car. Inspite of this i had a chance to overtake him. when i did i realised that he had made right turn and gone. That was an embarassing moment for me.
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Does not look like you understood what I was talking about. Smile

For your case, just don't street race, based on what you posted on this site, you have no idea how to drive, let alone race...
Julianna

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Misha wrote:
Pretty often I feel like it does this to me. Like when I am following some slow moving car for many miles, and I keep trying to find a window to pass it, and there is no chance I can do this, and – yes – here it is, finally, my long overdue window of opportunity, and I happily pass just to watch in the mirror how this car uses the first opportunity to turn off the road or just to pull over. Looks like all my effort was wasted…
Now that peeves me off too!!! I want to just follow them sometimes get out and knock them on there nogging! Laughing I am still trying to understand there thinking habits, but if you find out do let me know. Razz
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:13 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm....happens to me too! Is it something like running late for work only to find all the traffic signals turn red just as you approach them?? Or is that just bad luck..... Rolling Eyes
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

myownworld wrote:
Hmm....happens to me too! Is it something like running late for work only to find all the traffic signals turn red just as you approach them?? Or is that just bad luck..... Rolling Eyes
Yep, but it goes even one step further. To continue your example with traffic lights - the light just gets dismantled right after it finally gives you green. Like it was placed their specifically to slow YOU down LOL. Smile
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy yep that's it. It's all a conspiracy I tell you.....
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

What I am thinking though - who exactly is conspiring against me? Is there any chance it is you? Wink

ROFL
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oh Misha...you know I'd never hurt a fly! Leave the universe to me for a day and everything will be running smoothly in a minute! No more of those unexplained ironies either! And I'm willing to do it for free too! Very Happy
MonzaSpyderMark

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:29 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yes just today on my way home .... There's an intersection of 3 main arteries known as "the 12 corners" It has 2 lights in a row which are ALWAYS both red.

Every evening on the way home I religiously plan for the wait at these 2 lights. And sure enough, every time, there both red for about a 1 minute wait total. Not to bad, but seems like for ever sometimes when I want to get home for dinner

So tonight on my way home as I started up the road, I noticed a wire had become disconnected from my add-on cruise control unit and it was going to take a minute or 2 of fiddling to get the thing re connected again.

I fuddled with it for a few seconds while driving and realized it was quickly becoming a frustration I didn't want to have.

Then I had the bright idea.. ''wait a minute!! The lights up ahead!.. Yes just relax and you'll get it straight at the light." And what better way to beat the time wasted sitting at those lights right??...

So, yep you guessed it.... they were BOTH GREEN tonight!!! Of course!! Ha ha ha universe! U got me again!! Thanks for making me feel so important...

So I guess it was good to have the green...and some other cars making quick left had turns kept me vigilant through both signals.

I reluctantly fiddled with the darn box the rest of the way down the road and got it reconnected before I turned onto the freeway.

Talk about distracted driving.

Chalk up 1 for the universe, and 1 for me...(green lights were still better than red's, lol).
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:38 am Reply with quote Back to top

haha!! Exactly, the ironies of life...! I bet the universe (or the gods, if they exist!) are just sitting back in their comfy loungers and laughing at us all...

During their tea breaks, they occasionally throw in a few generous handfuls here and there only to keep us going, but mostly its just us left staring at red lights when we're getting late and could've desperately done with a green light! Wink
MonzaSpyderMark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

Smile..

On a slightly differnt note, has anyone ever read the book, Zen Driving? The one I read was a $9.95 paperback. Right around my 1st 3 years of driving. It really helped me out.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:02 am Reply with quote Back to top

Zen driving? Hmm... sounds interesting! So what is the book about, how to beat the universe at its own game? Or just give up and learn to enjoy its rather warped sense of humor? Wink
MonzaSpyderMark

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 am Reply with quote Back to top

LOL.. It's been a long time since I read it...

Ultimately, I remember it being about using the road and driving for that mind quieting peace also found in meditation.

Maybe amazon will have a better explanation. Not sure if the book is even for sale anymore.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

lol...not sure if driving around london at peak rush hour time is very peaceful for the mind, but I get what you're saying!

Btw. I found this on amazon. Is that it?

http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Driving-K-T-Berger/dp/0345353501

View next topic
View previous topic