Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 50
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 50

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
princess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

Having your own car feels like you own your time. Yes, that's what I feel when I am riding a bus or a jeepney. You can decide whenever you want to go because your car won't leave you. You can even go somewhere else if you want to. You are not only owning your time but you also control your ride. Your the boss when you have your own car. You can buy everything you want because the space is all yours. You can even choose your songs to listen to. And even watch movies anytime, anywhere. That's why I am always dreaming to drive my own car every time I travel to fully enjoy the adventure of my ride. Wink
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome here Princess. Nice to meet you, even if just in cyber space!
I agree with your idea of a dream car being one's own. I feel the same way each time I sit in my car... esp. knowing you could drive anywhere any time you want.
Pity though, the routine of our lives don't leave more time for exploration.... but there have been times when I've just aimlessly driven down new streets... listening to music... only to suddenly come across a lovely little park I'd never noticed before! Smile
princess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there "Mr. myownworld" and Thank you for that warmth welcome. Smile
How sad to hear that. hmm. Why not once a week try to enjoy the ride. I mean, a minute can do that. You just have to relax yourself and try to look around. Yes, a minute can do that. Very Happy
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote Back to top

don't worry, it's not exactly a tragedy, but I'l take your advice on board... and go more often for drives! I hope too you get to do the same... Smile

btw. I'm not really a 'mr' but a 'mrs.'! Wink
princess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:49 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Oops sorry. hehe my bad. Thank you for correcting me, now I know. Next time, I should ask first. Smile

Sorry, I can't do the same because I still don't have my dream car. But I'm already practicing that kind of attitude when I'm riding in a bus. Wink
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:35 am Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy no worries!

I like your attitude... you sound like a dreamer just like me! Smile
So which car do you dream of owning?
princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Laughing thank you Mrs. myownworld. hmm. My dream car would be big just like the toyota hi-lux. Yes, that's my dream car. I want to ride on that car with my family. A big one is necessary because my family is big. Very Happy

So, how many cars do you have mRs. myownworld? Smile
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We just have one car that I drive - to drop my kids to school and then go to work myself etc. Poor hubby takes the tube, but trust me driving in london is SUCH a nightmare that it's the best thing to do.

I like Toyota... I hope you soon have your dream car for your family. I imagine you in it with happy smiling faces around you... Smile
princess

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine my self of dropping my kids off to school too with our own car. So, nice to hear that from you. Smile

thank you, smiling faces all around you would be great. Very Happy
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:50 am Reply with quote Back to top

yes, princess... there is something almost empowering about having your own car (and job) and being able to do things independently. I think I understand. It was the same for me the first time it happened... now I'm just used to it...but I try not to take it for granted. Sometimes, I think no one values freedom more than mothers do! anyway, I hope all your dreams come true.... Smile
londondrivingschool

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:18 am Reply with quote Back to top

Ever Since I've seen this car.. I've been crazy to have it.. Just don't have the money to afford it !!

*link snipped
megancheung

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:22 pm Reply with quote Back to top

my dream car is wating for me,i am looking for a payment!
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Fun And Safe driving megancheung. Thank you for joining the forums Smile
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I consider myself very fortunate to have owned some of my dream cars. In the 1960's thru 1980"s dream cars were available at affordable prices as long as you did not dream of exotics (although I remember a 1962 Ferrari 250 roadster selling for $2500 in about 1970 at a local car lot) . At the ripe old age of 15 y/o (1967) I was able to purchase a 1963 Pontiac Bonneville convertible. Bucket seats, 421 cu in, TriPower, 380hp, 4 speed Hydromatic. I could not legally finance but was able to pay cash ($900.00). At that time in Oregon I was able to transfer title and register the automobile even though I was too young to have a driver's license! From that time until the early 2000's I was able to aquire many of my dream cars. In late 1994 I was able to experience some of my dream cars through my neighbor directly accross the street. He is a major rock drummer. When I moved in he was on tour with Ozzy Osbourne. He is currently the drummer for Journey. One of my best neighbors. very friendly and down to earth. When I moved in his current car was a early Corvette ZR-1 (1990?), His next car was my number 1 dream car. Acura NSX. I got a ride in that one! Next car Dodge Viper roadster. Next car Dodge Viper RS Coupe, Next car BMW M-6 V-10. These semi exotics were good dream cars. I just wish I still had all of the cars that I actually owened. I think it was 42 cars, 3 small (vintage) pick-ups, and 3 motorcycles.
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:07 pm Reply with quote Back to top

LOL At some point I was dreaming of NSX, too. Somehow this craving subsided over time. Never got to ride one, though...

View next topic
View previous topic