Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 44
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 44

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
Poll
Do you drive in the snow?
Yes but I hate it
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, it's fun, it doesn't scare me
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Never
50%
 50%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

satiety

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:31 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We just had 6 inches of snow. It's kind of fun to drive in, but the other cars scare me because I'm not sure if they're in control or not. Do you drive in the stuff?
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:59 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah! It's a lot of fun, that's probably the only thing I like about winter Smile

Welcome to Fun and Safe driving! Smile
dfunzy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:06 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I do not like snow. I do not like ice. I do not like the winter. In DC when it snows, everybody knows to gets off the streets, as fast as they can, because they know that nearly everybody else doesn't like snow, snow makes them nervous. What is more of a nerving wrecking experience, than creeping along on the road among a bunch of nervous drivers? When snow is coming, you know to get your snow tires. When snow is falling, you know to get yourself home, and stay there, until the city has cleared the traffic lanes of snow and put down the de-icers.
arun
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote Back to top

I love driving in the snow. The slippery surface helps my car drift nicely where its not possible when the road is in dry condition during other seasons
dfunzy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote Back to top

arun wrote:" love driving in the snow. The slippery surface helps my car drift nicely"

"Slippery?" "Car drifting?" Are you having fun?
dfunzy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote Back to top

Digging out after a big snow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wX1XiOMeTQ

Personal opinion: Not only is driving in the snow and ice no fun, but digging out after a heavy snow fall is the pits. We had a major snowstorm, (a blizzard), about three weeks ago and I know the snow ain't no fun.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

it's a complete melt down situation here in london, what with all the schools closed and all. I dare not drive out in the snow at the moment! just enjoying it from my window.... Smile
dfunzy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:36 am Reply with quote Back to top

"t's a complete melt down situation here in london, what with all the schools closed and all. I dare not drive out in the snow at the moment! "

That's understandable and sensible.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

amazing isn't it, that in Canada life goes on normally despite snow half the year round, whereas in london every thing's come to a halt?! well, at least, the roads look nice without all the usual traffic...!
dfunzy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:28 am Reply with quote Back to top

"amazing isn't it, that in Canada life goes on normally despite snow half the year round, whereas in london every thing's come to a halt?"

That speaks to the ability of man to adapt to his surroundings. I know that in US cities that have more snow than others, the people have vehicles which are better prepared for winter driving; the civil authorities have more snow plows and people trained to keep the roads open. In places with little snow or where snow fall is a seldom thing, the snow brings anxiety and panic, and complete or near civic shutdowns.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

dfunzy wrote:
"amazing isn't it, that in Canada life goes on normally despite snow half the year round, whereas in london every thing's come to a halt?"

That speaks to the ability of man to adapt to his surroundings. I know that in US cities that have more snow than others, the people have vehicles which are better prepared for winter driving; the civil authorities have more snow plows and people trained to keep the roads open. In places with little snow or where snow fall is a seldom thing, the snow brings anxiety and panic, and complete or near civic shutdowns.

well said! Smile yes, it's complete panic here, which is catching if you ask me! And it's simply because of a lack of preparation: not enough plows, shortage of salt, people just not being used to it. On the other hand, I'm thoroughly enjoying being off work for a while, and not having to drive in manic london traffic!
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote Back to top

dfunzy wrote:
arun wrote:" love driving in the snow. The slippery surface helps my car drift nicely"

"Slippery?" "Car drifting?" Are you having fun?
LOL I wouldn't take this guy seriously dfunzy. Based on his other posts he is more theoretical than practical, to say it politely LOL
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:41 am Reply with quote Back to top

myownworld wrote:
it's a complete melt down situation here in london, what with all the schools closed and all. I dare not drive out in the snow at the moment! just enjoying it from my window.... Smile
Hi there Myownworld, and welcome to Fun and Safe driving! I am glad you joined Smile
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Misha wrote:
myownworld wrote:
Hi there Myownworld, and welcome to Fun and Safe driving! I am glad you joined Smile

It's great to be here! Wonderful site...! Smile
suziecat7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

We recently had 12'' here in NC. I left work and never made it home. Hiked 1 1/2 miles to a motel in a blizzard. The roads weren't cleared for days, no power, the wrecker finally got my car out of a ditch. No, I do not like driving in the snow and we have more on the way tomorrow. Yikes. Shocked

View next topic
View previous topic