Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 24
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 24

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
drakerehfeld

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

sooooo. What if you are in a country, driving on the righ. What would happen if you were then Driving into another country, where they drive on the left? Would you go over/under the road? Would the road split into two? I cannott find any examples of this. Say from india (left) to... france (right)... somewhere in between, around afganistan or pakistan (I don't really know my geography), you would have to switch... right?

Just wondering.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

welcome to Fasd. Thank you for joining us and I hope you will find lots of useful information here.

I agree that the different sides create confusion - Right-hand traffic and Left-hand traffic means the regulations to keep either to the right or the left side of the road, respectively i.e. the basic rule of road which is to drive according to the flow of traffic. In short, wherever you go - and different countries have different rules about which side to drive on, you HAVE to follow the rules of that country and change sides accordingly.

I know it sounds difficult, but it's not: I've done it often!

Even cars are manufactured in left-hand drive (LHD) and right-hand drive (RHD) configurations. Mostly, the steering wheel is placed opposite to the rule of the road: LHT countries use RHD vehicles, and RHT countries use LHD vehicles. Which of course helps!
(However, there are LHT countries where most vehicles are LHD and there are some countries with RHT and mostly RHD vehicles also)

Anyway, the basic rule is to change direction according to the rules of each country. You cannot possibly continue to drive on the right side if you go to a country where there is left side driving or you'll simply crash your car! Surprised

View next topic
View previous topic