Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 57
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 57

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Breaking News! 50,000 delivery bicyclists in New York City are riding on sidewalks, using pedestrian crosswalks, riding the wrong way on streets and bike lanes, disobeying signals, and injuring pedestrians. This was just on the TV news. I rest my case.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

And that is New york alone? Unbelievable!
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday I was driving at 55mph (the speed limit) on my local 2 lane highway. I was approximately 200 feet behind a pick-up truck. There was an older Ford explorer stopped at a side road on our left. As the pick-up passed the explorer pulled out into my lane! Let's do the physics. Me: 55mph. Explorer 10mph. I had to engage my anti-lock to avoid rear ending them! They had accellerated to about 25 to 30 mph and it was a legal passing zone. Oncoming traffic was about 1/4 mile distant so I signalled and proceeded to pass as I wanted to distance myself from this idiot. at this time the explorer driver chose to floor the accelerator and "drag race" me. I was beside the explorer and glanced at the driver. An 18 to 20 year old female. she proceeded to give me the "smirk". At this time the oncoming traffic which was four vehicles were becoming to close for comfort so I braked again and fell behind her. She then proceeded at about 60mph which is normal for this highway. I continued at 55mph so she eventually was far ahead. This was fine with me as my original intent was to put some distance between us. She violated 2 rules of the road and in most jurisdictions laws.
1) Entering traffic without sufficient clearance.
2) Reckless (insane) driving putting many innocent people at risk.
The first thing I did when I stopped for fuel a few minutes later was to write down her license plate. Previously we could report a dangerous driver to the state police on their website. Now they only want reports of impaired drivers by calling 911. Recently there has been much ado concerning Insane people with firearms (who are already prohibited by law from owning them). Should'nt insane people be prohibited from driving 4,000 lb vehicles?
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Usually in such cases I wish I have a gun with me. Very Happy

Though, when I calm down, I realize not having a gun on you in such cases is better LOL.

I feel for you, really. There are so many total idiots on the road, and meeting one is never a pleasant experience.

Reporting her won't work anyway, cause it is really just your word against hers in court - neither side can win. So, your best bet is to take a deep breath and thank your skills and god/buddha/alla/zeus you got out of it unharmed. At least this is what I try to do in such situations. Try is the operative word here Very Happy
sgtrock21
Seasoned Driver

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:58 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Last week in the Larger city nearby a "ninja" was hit and seriously injured. While wearing dark clothing at night they stepped into traffic on a very busy 35mph street in the middle of a block where crosswalks with signals are available at each end of the block.

View next topic
View previous topic