Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 60
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 60

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
dfunzy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I like to listen to quiet music, classical or soft pop tunes. My music choices are not too popular with younger members of my family, or with most of my friends. I accuse them of excessive noise (music sound). Any how they haven't gone to the extreme in this video. Although, I have complained that they have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh0Fb2NBusU
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy just laughing here....! I have to admit I'm addicted to music while driving and it can get quite distracting, not just if it's loud, but even if it's a song that brings back old memories....one can so easily lose focus!
Ah, what to do?! I guess, your choice of classical music is rather wise..... Smile
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:42 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I think they (don't remember whom exactly) once made a research that found out that rock and other rhythmical music tends to increase driving aggressiveness, while calm melodic (not necessarily classical) tend to reduce it. Don't ask me to prove this, I don't remember where I read it - and Oops I personally like to drive with rock, sometimes quite loud Surprised
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:37 am Reply with quote Back to top

he he...you're a person after my own heart Mish! I do the same btw: Rock for me too and quite loud as well, I have to admit!
Hmm...not the best of examples to set on a driving site, but hey, I haven't crashed a car while listening to my favorite music - so far! Wink

(And, hey, you did manage to make perfect use of that 'oops' smiley there!)
charn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:23 pm Reply with quote Back to top

I was doing 45 mph in a 30 zone with some loud rock music on. On an empty road I saw green lights and missed the 30 mph signs. Eventually I noticed the police lights behind me. The cop said he had been following me for a while. That could have been a reckless driving or evasion charge instead of just speeding. After that I had 15 years of driving before my next speeding ticket.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 am Reply with quote Back to top

so you mean, the next 15 years, you did away with the loud rock music? Or just became more vigilant of police cars tailgating you? Wink
charn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:59 am Reply with quote Back to top

I resumed my habit of driving slowly, until I had the confidence and skill to handle cars at higher speeds. When I had a V8 luxury car with a smooth ride at any speed and a daily commute with a tight schedule, I was doomed.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:07 am Reply with quote Back to top

Very Happy

I know, damn that commute to work!

Now, I know it would make more sense to leave early, but I take a perverse pleasure in leaving only 5 mins. before the deadline.... driving like mad.... and cursing all the signal lights that somehow always change to red when I'm in a tearing hurry! Mad
DaughterOfEve

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:23 am Reply with quote Back to top

I enjoy listening to music while I drive, especially when I am alone. I can't stand to drive in complete quietness, it almost makes me a little nervous. I enjoy listening to country music, or the top pop selections on the radio these days.
newbielearner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote Back to top

But aren't you worried about getting distracted? I find listening to music distracts me away from the road. Maybe, as I practice more, I'll learn to multi-task! Wink
Astraist
Master Driver

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote Back to top

If the music isn't too loud and you are not operating the audio while driving - most drivers will manage to concentrate reasonably. Ensure to reduce the volume to zero (or near that) when you come across particularly demanding driving enviornments like tight and crowded streets, fog, ice, reversing, etc...

Also, prevent singing to the radio unless safe to do so (like in a straight and open road), since researches found it to be most distracting. Drivers with attention defict problems or new drivers with under four-six months of driving experience - should pay particular attention to those details.

Preety much the same applies to talking to passengers: So long as it's done calmly and in normal driving conditions - it's fine. In more demanding conditions or when it gets louder - it isn't.
newbielearner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:46 am Reply with quote Back to top

I agree mate. I find myself switching cd's and messing around with radio channels just to find the right song.

Nope, at the moment, music is a complete no-no for me. Just trying to get the hang of this driving thing first! Very Happy

View next topic
View previous topic