Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 61
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 61

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Installed good working head unit on '92 finally. Like it Very Happy
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:57 pm Reply with quote Back to top

The day before yesterday I replaced the radiator on '92 Honda. The old one was leaking for quite some time already, and I finally got to fix this. The last thing left to replace is the master cylinder, it probably has a bad seal somewhere, because it does not hold the pressure sometimes.
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:05 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday took Murano for 15K service. Left there $170, after hard bargain. Oil change, cabin air filter change, tire rotation, and a few regular checks... Crying or Very sad

I don't think I'm going to dealership any more... Razz
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:21 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Took 92 Si for a spin today. I did not touch it for quite some time. More than a month probably. Since lately I always go with my kids, I use Murano. This time I went to the dentist alone, and had some fun on the way Very Happy
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote Back to top

Tried to pass inspection on '03 civic. Well, tried Sad for some reason I just forgot that the tires are almost completely warn out. I was going to replace them this falls anyway, but somehow I did not think those guys will require not warn tries to pass inspection LOL. So, now I have 15 days to fix the problem.

They also found that rear brake pads are about done, so I need to replace those, too. I went ahead and ordered all the pads and tires. Well, not only the pads. I order on the same site for probably 15 years already, they are really cheap, but they have handling fee and relatively high shipping fee. I'm trying to combine as much as a can to save on those fixed costs, so I added all wiper blades and oil filters that I'm going to use in the near future.

Tires I ordered from tirerack.com - the only place I could find my favorite yokohama avid at the reasonable price. They are going to be shipped to the local installer. Never tried this before. I'll post when I'm done with that.
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Umm well, not exactly today, but the last several days were sort of rich in terms of working on cars.

I finally replaced the alternator belt on 92 civic, which seemed to wear out surprisingly fast. Looks like it did not wear out though, because the new belt was not too tight from the start, and it got enough tension only on about 3/4 adjustment. My best guess is the alternator I installed a couple of years ago had a smaller pulley. Next time I buy the belt, I might as well buy something like 765 instead of 785!

The day before that I replaced the fast idle valve. This fluctuating idle was there for quite some time already, but lately it just became really bad and did not go away after engine becomes hot. So I finally dived in and replaced the valve, what solved the problem completely. Took about $60 in spare parts and an hour in labor - I am quite proud of myself Smile

Now the next big problem is the leaking sunroof. I strongly suspected it was the windshield after replacement, but last time I left car on the slope under the rain, and it leaked not to the front, but to the back. So I am positive this is a sunroof. It has at least two problems - uneven placement with the gap of a few millimeters at the back, and blocked rear drains - I am sure this is a result of body works I had a few years ago. Is there anything at all that could be trusted to auto mechanics? The more I live, the more I doubt...

Anyway, I spent half a day yesterday trying to adjust the the sunroof so it closes evenly and failed. I managed to make the gap smaller, but it still a couple of millimeters, so i removed the sunroof altogether and now am scratching my head if it is better to elongate the bolt holes a bit and just move the whole assembly, or to try and find yet another adjustment that would solve the issue. Will keep you updated Smile
kmackey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote Back to top

U do alot to your vehicle. Shocked
arun
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:27 pm Reply with quote Back to top

A few weeks back i ordered for custom made A-rims for my car and i got it fit to my car today. It gives an awesome look to my car.
myownworld
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm Reply with quote Back to top

kmackey wrote:
U do alot to your vehicle. Shocked

Very Happy he he...I agree...!! you seem to be forever tweaking that car of yours Misha!
Ok, let's see what I did with my car today..hmm...oh yes, looked at it real hard.... and wished it was a BMW instead! Does that count? Sad

View next topic
View previous topic