Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 45
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 45

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
Stimpy
Driver
Driver

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:51 pm Reply with quote Back to top

You'd know more than me about the way a rear sway bar feels, but it doesn't make sense to me that you couldn't feel it in every day driving. The way I understand it, the sway bar makes the back end act a bit more like a solid rear axle (as well as the positive affect of less body roll). Wouldn't it make you feel bumps quite a bit more?

All that being said.. I can't WAIT to get a good sport suspension setup. I have a project plan for when I get the money and handling is the first thing thats getting toyed with. (aside from rear disc brakes, but that had to happen when one of my drums locked up)
Pavlo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:26 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Not by much, because the suspension still travels up and down just like it was before, it just doesn't allow the wheels to do that seperately. For example, if you are just going straight up over speedbump, the suspension will travel up and down at the same time, if you are going over it sideways, when one wheel goes in, the other one (not on the bump yet) will as well, causing the car to be on 3 wheels (with big swaybars that is). With stock sized swaybars, like the ones from Integra GS-R, you wan't feel much of a difference in comfort, as they are flexible enough.
apaleorange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

I'm really in the middle on this. I am all for mods, but I functional mods and ones that still keep the car looking stock as possible. I'm a die-hard european car guy, and generally prefer the oem or oem-plus look on these cars.

I generally think that putting a cold air intake and exhaust on an otherwise stock motor is useless when you consider the amount of money that these cost compared to the small percentage that they increase power by.

saying that cars(especially economy cars) come from the factory built to the best specs possible for that car is debatable. charachteristics like handling, throttle response, braking is often compromised for both price and everyday driveability. There are a lot of companies, who also happen to have computers(!) that put a lot of research into their products so that their products do truly make the cars perform better.

As far as the wholesale price comment, look at the wholesale price of stock civic shocks/struts etc compared to top quality performance parts for these cars. it's going to be much higher...You have to pay good money for good stuff. If the factory put these items on their cars, it would drive up costs. This applies to both old and new cars.

The other thing, to the guy who mentioned a 700 bhp civic...Why!? unless you are drag racing, horsepower is only a piece of the pie when it comes to performance.
apaleorange

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry...accidentally double posted!
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Cool, as I said - if you like it, go for it! Smile

I think you misunderstood me on economy cars - I never said they are built to the best specs possible. Smile What I was saying they (and other cars) are built as a best possible compromize between all factors involved. And this includes costs of course.

"The best possible" however is defined by many tings, including a price range and target audience of course.

So basically, the average car is built to suit the average driver, and whoever gets this closer to ideal, gets more sales. Smile

Now, coming to wholesale prices, I think I was talking about why you can't built a car cheaper then a manufacturer, even if you use exactly the same parts. So, while I do agree that good performance parts usually cost more than oem parts, I don't really see your point. Smile
apaleorange

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:32 am Reply with quote Back to top

Oh I see. I guess I misread what you said about the wholesale parts. oops!
sindhu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:47 am Reply with quote Back to top

All the basic needs are satisfied in my car.. When I bought it. It was the perfect one for me.. I just had to add the central locking and the music system which is sony brand..
ScottEK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:22 am Reply with quote Back to top

I have a 96 Civic EX. It's my "Frankenstein" car. I got rid of the anemic single cam D series. It now has a B16B from a 1998 Civic Type-R. The ECU is from a 1994 Civic, OBD-1 to OBD-2 harness, wheels from a 1997 Acura GSR, seats from a 1995 Del Sol, steering wheel from a 97 EK4 SiR and the gauge cluster and wing from a 99 Civic Si coupe. It also has a custom Eibach set-up for the suspension. It's a fun car to drive and I am thinking about getting Integra Type-R cams for the motor... should be fun...
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote Back to top

Not much left of the original Civic LOL. Definitely must be fun Smile
ScottEK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:14 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Misha wrote:
Not much left of the original Civic LOL. Definitely must be fun Smile

Oh it is

View next topic
View previous topic