Defensive driving site - your source of information and the place to share your experience
 Home    Save Gas    Forums    Encyclopedia    Articles    Polls    Videos    
Our Videos

Most Viewed Video How
How to sit properly while driving - Low Res

Latest Video Driving
Driving around slippery corner in Croatia

Highest Rated Video Driving
Driving in Moscow

Main Menu
· Home
· Articles
· Driving Links
· Encyclopedia
· Forums
· Highway Surveys
· Mapquest Driving Directions
· Video Library

Drivers Info
Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Drivers Online:
Visitors: 19
Member Drivers: 0
Total: 19

View unanswered posts
View next topic
View previous topic
Misha
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:18 pm Reply with quote Back to top

In a majority of cases destiny will find a way to compensate for your extra fast driving. Like slow driver appearing just in front of you on two-lane highway, or traffic jam on divided highway, or series of red lights, or anything else for this matter. By the same token, it usually will find a way to compensate for unusual delays. This really looks like any other conservation law – whatever you gain in one place, has to be lost in another. So, there is no point in pushing it far over the limit, especially in emergency situation.

If your goal is to get through the traffic significantly faster than you normally do, you have to jump through the roof to achieve it. Really, I’m serious. Experience shows, that you can’t achieve this goal without running red lights, extremely risky passing, etc. And this is usually worsened by the fact, that your judgment is severely impaired in emergency situations. Is it worth it? I mean the reason that forced you to drive real fast, does it justify the risks you have to take? Usually no. More than 95% no, probably. So, I think the best thing would be to try to relax and drive as you normally do. If there is any real need for you to arrive faster from the Universe point of view, destiny will take care of this.
Julianna

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:32 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Misha wrote:
In a majority of cases destiny will find a way to compensate for your extra fast driving. Like slow driver appearing just in front of you on two-lane highway, or traffic jam on divided highway, or series of red lights, or anything else for this matter. By the same token, it usually will find a way to compensate for unusual delays. This really looks like any other conservation law – whatever you gain in one place, has to be lost in another. So, there is no point in pushing it far over the limit, especially in emergency situation.

If your goal is to get through the traffic significantly faster than you normally do, you have to jump through the roof to achieve it. Really, I’m serious. Experience shows, that you can’t achieve this goal without running red lights, extremely risky passing, etc. And this is usually worsened by the fact, that your judgment is severely impaired in emergency situations. Is it worth it? I mean the reason that forced you to drive real fast, does it justify the risks you have to take? Usually no. More than 95% no, probably. So, I think the best thing would be to try to relax and drive as you normally do. If there is any real need for you to arrive faster from the Universe point of view, destiny will take care of this.

You must be one of the most sane drivers on the road as for me after driving long periods of time I get anxious and just want to get there. Can you tell me what to do when I sometimes have the need for speed? Smile
aaliyah

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:30 am Reply with quote Back to top

You should wear seat belt and having all security of your self. if you avoid driving in emergency so please do this.
*link snipped*
cruisin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:01 pm Reply with quote Back to top

Obviously I can't explain what is happening here, but I absolutely agree. Every time I try to speed through traffic, weave around cars, go through those yellow/red lights, try to pick a faster route around traffic...I always end up seeing the car I was right behind catch me at something like a stoplight, or like you mentioned, when stuck behind a slow driver. It seems like you can never get ahead. The more I drive, the more I realize that just going where you need to go without speeding or trying too hard usually gets you there the fastest.
anncharles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:03 pm Reply with quote Back to top

There must be truth to the Universe having an affect because I have seen it with me and it seems like more than just a mere (and very annoying) coincidence. I am usually very cautious but there are moments when I am rushing.
newbielearner

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote Back to top

anncharles wrote:
There must be truth to the Universe having an affect because I have seen it with me and it seems like more than just a mere (and very annoying) coincidence. I am usually very cautious but there are moments when I am rushing.

You mean coming across only red lights just when you're late for work?! Confused
Happens to me all the time!

View next topic
View previous topic